Breaking News
Home / Courses / Biomedical Sciences & Environment

Biomedical Sciences & Environment

Faculty Member’s Name:

 

Dr. Abbas Nurrollahi Diba

Faculty Member’s Profile:

Name: Abbas

Family Name: Nurrollahi Diba

Born: in Tehran, Iran

Date: 30 December 1957

M.S: 1993 (University of Johannes Gutenberg, Mainz, Germany)

PhD: 1994 (University of Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Frankfurt, Germany)

Languages: German, Farsi, English and Turkish, Russian, French, Italian

Research Interests:

*Stem cells & HUVECs and biomedical projects

*Lipid and metabolic syndrome

*Vitamin E & Antioxidants mediation to improve health through food qualities

*Environmental projects

*Apolipoproteins and their implications in medicine

Publications:

  1. Fenselau, S., Diba, A., Keppler, I., Weber, P., März, W., Schrezenmeier, J.: Apolipoprotein E Phänotypen bei “normal respondern”, “high respondern” und Typ II Diabetikern. 99. Tagung der deutschen Gesellschaft für Innere Medizin, Wiesbaden, 18. – 21. April 1993; Klin. Wochenschr.
  2. Fenselau, S., Diba, A., Keppler, I., Weber, P., Marz, W., Beyer, J., and Schrezenmeir, J., Apolipoprotein phenotypes in NIDDM, high and normal triglyceride responders. Diabetologia 37 (Suppl. 1) (1994) A 86
  3. The effect of beta-carotine and probucol with Lysphosphatidylcholine and PIG (Photbol+Ionomycin and Glucose) and the synthese of Endothein-1 and cGMP in HUVECs, 1997 (en.scientificcommons.org/abbas_nurrollahi_diba; http://www.bookmaps.de/lib/all/w/i/wir_73.html; www.connectny.info:2083/search~S0/aDiba…/adiba…/browse -)

 

Course Code:

*Title:

Biomedical Sciences & Environment.

 

*Format:

Traditional: classroom

Biomedicine -Based Environmental Classes

Distance: Internet/CD

 

*Hours: 

approx. 150 hrs

 

*Objectives:

This course aims to provide students with fundamental knowledge of biomedical sciences and environment for a peaceful and prosperous life.

Contents of the course include: function of biomedical science, environmental parameters for a better and peaceful life.

*Short Structural Outline: 

The syllabus is composed of practical science for the enquiring the needed environmental peace science (includes biomedical issues), which constitutes approximately 70% of the syllabus, and the political, social and economic aspects, which constitutes the remaining 30%.

The syllabus consists of three units:

Unit One: Biology – The Study of Life

Unit Two: Biomedicine and clinical aspects of the environmental peace.

Unit Three: The parameters deteriorate the environmental peace.

 

The learning outcomes associated with the units of study are presented in four columns:

  • Sub-units and topics of the environmental peace
  • Depth of treatment to the deteriorated environmental peace
  • Contemporary issues and technology for a better environmental peace
  • Practical activities of activists for peaceful environment.

 

The sequence in which the syllabus is presented does not imply any particular order of teaching.

 

*Textbooks and Reading List:

For bio majors, hands down, it’s Campbell’s Biology. Good, accurate explanations of everything, very comprehensive in topics included, good organization, good figures but not so many that it turns into a picture book instead of a text book.

And “Life: The Science of Biology” by Sadava & all. Also Alberts – Molecular Biology of the Cell from cover to cover. Written by David Nelson, the Principles of Biochemistry is a good book for all students of biology and chemistry.

The Creation: An Appeal to Save Life on Earth, E.O. Wilson.

Silent Spring, Rachel Carson. Song for a Blue Ocean
Carl Safina.

 

*Evaluation:

*Cost: Available upon request

For further information on this or other courses taught by the faculty member please contact our student advisor at: studentadvisor@niuniversity.org

About admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*