Faculty Member’s Name:
Dr. Abbas Nurrollahi Diba
Faculty Member’s Profile:
Family Name: Nurrollahi Diba
Born: in Tehran, Iran
Date: 30 December 1957
M.S: 1993 (University of Johannes Gutenberg, Mainz, Germany)
PhD: 1994 (University of Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Frankfurt, Germany)
Languages: German, Farsi, English and Turkish, Russian, French, Italian
*Stem cells & HUVECs and biomedical projects
*Lipid and metabolic syndrome
*Vitamin E & Antioxidants mediation to improve health through food qualities
*Apolipoproteins and their implications in medicine
- Fenselau, S., Diba, A., Keppler, I., Weber, P., März, W., Schrezenmeier, J.: Apolipoprotein E Phänotypen bei “normal respondern”, “high respondern” und Typ II Diabetikern. 99. Tagung der deutschen Gesellschaft für Innere Medizin, Wiesbaden, 18. – 21. April 1993; Klin. Wochenschr.
- Fenselau, S., Diba, A., Keppler, I., Weber, P., Marz, W., Beyer, J., and Schrezenmeir, J., Apolipoprotein phenotypes in NIDDM, high and normal triglyceride responders. Diabetologia 37 (Suppl. 1) (1994) A 86
- The effect of beta-carotine and probucol with Lysphosphatidylcholine and PIG (Photbol+Ionomycin and Glucose) and the synthese of Endothein-1 and cGMP in HUVECs, 1997 (en.scientificcommons.org/abbas_nurrollahi_diba; http://www.bookmaps.de/lib/all/w/i/wir_73.html; www.connectny.info:2083/search~S0/aDiba…/adiba…/browse -)
Biomedical Sciences & Environment.
Biomedicine -Based Environmental Classes
approx. 150 hrs
This course aims to provide students with fundamental knowledge of biomedical sciences and environment for a peaceful and prosperous life.
Contents of the course include: function of biomedical science, environmental parameters for a better and peaceful life.
*Short Structural Outline:
The syllabus is composed of practical science for the enquiring the needed environmental peace science (includes biomedical issues), which constitutes approximately 70% of the syllabus, and the political, social and economic aspects, which constitutes the remaining 30%.
The syllabus consists of three units:
Unit One: Biology – The Study of Life
Unit Two: Biomedicine and clinical aspects of the environmental peace.
Unit Three: The parameters deteriorate the environmental peace.
The learning outcomes associated with the units of study are presented in four columns:
- Sub-units and topics of the environmental peace
- Depth of treatment to the deteriorated environmental peace
- Contemporary issues and technology for a better environmental peace
- Practical activities of activists for peaceful environment.
The sequence in which the syllabus is presented does not imply any particular order of teaching.
*Textbooks and Reading List:
For bio majors, hands down, it’s Campbell’s Biology. Good, accurate explanations of everything, very comprehensive in topics included, good organization, good figures but not so many that it turns into a picture book instead of a text book.
And “Life: The Science of Biology” by Sadava & all. Also Alberts – Molecular Biology of the Cell from cover to cover. Written by David Nelson, the Principles of Biochemistry is a good book for all students of biology and chemistry.
The Creation: An Appeal to Save Life on Earth, E.O. Wilson.
Silent Spring, Rachel Carson. Song for a Blue Ocean
*Cost: Available upon request
For further information on this or other courses taught by the faculty member please contact our student advisor at: firstname.lastname@example.org